A filter holder system allows you to purchase just one set of filters that will fit all of your lenses. Additionally you can stack multiple filters for total control on your image.
Firecrest 100mm Filter Holder
- Revolutionary new top and bottom covers to almost completely eliminate light leakage when shooting long exposure, with interchangeable end caps for use with 100x100 filters or 100x125/150mm graduated filters.
- Built in low-profile gasket.
- Adaptors / step rings come with the system as standard for all sizes from 67-82mm, and step rings for smaller lenses can be purchased separately (for lens threads 46mm, 52, 58 & 62mm)
- Integrated top of the range Firecrest 82mm multicoated polariser comes as standard within the system. A unique geared mechanism allows for easy rotation whilst installed. The polariser can also be removed within its ring/adaptor for use as a screw in
- 2 fixed filter slots which take 100mm filters
- Extremely high quality lightweight aluminium design with extra oxidisation to reduce likelihood of scratching
- The holder is designed for use with standard lenses and all standard wide angle/zoom lenses. For super-wide lenses the LucrOit 165mm system should be used.
Formatt-Hitech 100mm Aluminium Holder100mm is the choice for photographers using DSLR cameras with professional quality lenses. This system also works well for anyone using a full frame camera with a 16-35mm lens, including the Sony Alpha series and full frame DSLR cameras. The 100mm system is modular and features three filter slots. The rear filter slot includes a spacer that enables the use of 4mm glass cinema filters. This means that you can use specialized diffusion and other filters which are only made in glass. An optional 105mm polarizer ring can be fitted to the front of the holder.
Formatt-Hitech 100mm AdaptersUnique to the 100mm system is the option of a standard or wide angle adapter ring. The wide angle adapter ring is recessed to bring the holder system closer to the lens, reducing the chance of vignetting. Please note that the recess on the 82mm wide angle adapter ring is too small to fit some 70-200 or 80-200 lenses … but the last time we checked, those aren’t wide angle lenses. So choose a standard 82mm adapter for your long zoom lens.
Formatt-Hitech 85mm Aluminium Holder
The 85mm system is modular and features three filter slots. The rear filter slot includes a spacer that enables the use of 4mm glass cinema filters. This means that you can use specialized diffusion and other filters which are only made in glass. An optional 95mm polarizer ring can be fitted to the front of the holder.
See the Formatt Hitech 85mm Aluminum filter holder system in our shop.
Firecrest 85mm Holder Kit
The holder comes with a high grade full sized 77mm circular polariser. Operated from an independent side wheel for speedy composition and use without sacrificing control
This results in an extremely solid holder which weighs only 110g with circular polariser installed
See the Formatt Hitech Firecrest 85mm filter holder system in our shop.
165mm Lucroit Filter Holder Systems
Filter Holders -VS- Screw in Circular Filters
The choice between using a holder system versus circular screw filters is a very personal decision, as you must weigh the benefits of each system. If you were to distill the differences down to their very essence, the core benefits are:
Filter Holder Systems
- Holder systems allow a single set of filters to be used on multiple lenses.
- Holder systems allow for the vertical adjustment of graduated filters.
- Formatt-Hitech holder systems can be removed and refitted to the lens without disturbing focus - critical for long exposure
Circular Screw-In Filters
- Smaller, more unobtrusive filters.
- Because they’re threaded directly to the lens, light cannot leak between filter and lens.