The effect that polarisers have on photography is almost magical. Bright glaring reflections on water magically disappear. Foliage becomes deep and rich. Haze evaporates from the sky leaving clouds silhouetted against dramatic blue skies. Formatt-Hitech’s polarisers are of the finest available. The circular polarization pattern means that they work seamlessly with any digital sensor
Polarizer Filter BasicsA polarizer filter allows light from certain angles to pass through the filter while simultaneously rejecting light from other angles. The resulting effect that polarizers have on photography is almost magical. Bright glaring reflections on water magically disappear. Foliage becomes deep and rich. Haze evaporates from the sky leaving clouds silhouetted against dramatic blue skies.
Popular Uses of Polarizers
- Darkening the sky to a richer blue color.
- Increasing contrast between sky and clouds.
- Removing specular highlights from foliage.
- Shooting through windows.
- Removing reflections from the surface of water.
Types of Polarizer Filters
Polarizers by Formatt Hitech
Formatt-Hitech’s offers two primary ranges of circular polarizers, the Firecrest Circular Polarizers which are built in circular screw-in sizes, and the rectangular Circular Polarizer for cinema. Screw in circular polarizers are available in SuperSlim and UltraSlim rings.
UltraSlim rings lack additional threads for stacking additional filters, but they are incredibly thin at just 5.5mm.
SuperSlim rings are 7.5mm thin and feature threads on the front to allow stacking of additional filters.
Formatt Hitech Filter Quality
Polarizer Filter Sizes
- Formatt-Hitech 100mm Holder = 105mm polarizer
- Lucroit 100mm Holder = 105mm polarizer
- Formatt-Hitech 85mm Holder = 95mm polarizer
- Formatt-Hitech 67mm Holder = 77mm polarizer