Kenko Tokina Co. Ltd. is pleased to announce the International Filter Photo Contest 2021 with the theme "Photographs with effective use of filters". Please find below the details about the contest. We are looking forward to seeing the full potential of filters in your works! The International Filter Photo Contest, which presents photos from around the globe showcasing the wide range of effects created by photographic filters, is being held for the 10th time since its beginning in 2009. We are waiting for your entry with your best shot showing the awesome effect of filters. The results of the competition will be announced in February 2022.
International Filter Photo Contest 2021 Application Guideline
Entry period: August 2, 2021 – October 31, 2021
Any type or brand of photographic filter which shows its effect is eligible. We do not accept filters such as protectors, UV protectors etc., which create no visible effect in the work. Photos edited with a retouching software, such as color swaps, that contribute significantly to the final work will be disqualified.
Prizes and Awards
- Grand Prix: 1 prize / 500,000 JPY (or U.S. dollar equivalent to 500,000 JPY), Certificate and photo frame of the work
- Jury's Special Prize: 5 prizes / 100,000 JPY (or U.S. dollar equivalent to 100,000 JPY), Certificate and photo frame of the work
- Kenko Tokina Special Prize: 1 prize / 50,000 JPY (or U.S. dollar equivalent to 50,000 JPY), Certificate and photo frame of the work
- Honorable Mention: 30 prizes / Certificate and photo frame of the work
- Jury team: Mr. Christophe Anagnostopoulos, Mr. Daisuke Kumakiri, Mr. Feng Jun, Mr. Stan Moniz, Mr. Tatsuo Hata
- Hosted by: Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd.
- Supported by: Slik Corporation; Kenko Professional Imaging Co., Ltd., COKIN France s.a.s.u., Formatt-Hitech Ltd.
The winning entries will be announced on the dedicated Filter Zone website in February 2022.